The U.S. Anti-Piracy Office of the Motion Picture Assn. of America reported a 1992 increase of 75% in the number of criminal charges filed against suspected video and cable pirates in 1992.A 67% increase in the number of convictions was also recorded. MPAA agents assisted in 430 cases involving seizure of 204,580 illegally copied videos. A total of 26 cases involved theft of signals from satellite or cable systems.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut