DIC Animation City has picked up animation rights to the hit video game “Double Dragon” and plans to produce 13 half-hours for syndication this fall that will be distributed as part of “Amazin’ Adventures,” Bohbot Communications’ two-hour weekend morning block of adventure cartoons.Andy Heyward, DIC president and chief executive officer, made the deal with video game publisher Tradewest Inc. Heyward also said yesterday that DIC will produce 13 new episodes for The Family Channel for the 1993-94 season of the animated series, “WishKid.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania