MGM’s “The Lover,” MCA/Alliance’s “Raise the Red Lantern” and MCA/Universal’s “Sneakers” were among titles seized by Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers during an authorized raid of a Toronto video store.The pirated copies originated in Canada, the U.S. and Hong Kong, per the Film/Video Security Office (F/VSO) of the Canadian Motion Picture Distributors Assn. The RCMP confiscated about 130 suspected pirated videos. The majority were unreleased titles including MCA/U’s “Death Becomes Her,” Fox’s “The Last of the Mohicans” and Columbia/TriStar’s “A League of Their Own.” F/VSO Ontario Regional Director Max Gordon says the titles likely originated from theater screens in the U.S. and were taped with portable video cameras.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut