Announcing that “Aladdin” has passed the $ 200 million mark in box office grosses, Bill Mechanic, president of international theatrical and worldwide video for Buena Vista Home Video, unveiled the studio’s ambitious marketing plan for vidcassette release of the film and BVHV’s 1993 release slate.Slated for an Oct. 1 street date, “Aladdin” will be supported by advertising and corporate tie-ins with Colgate and Pizza Hut. Bolstered by figures that Disney vids outsell the competition 2-to-1, Mechanic predicted “Aladdin” will “sell in the 30million-35 million range.” BVHV’s release slate also includes a four-video set of “Fraggle Rock” and the Aug. 13 vid bow of feature film “Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey.” Studio catalog staples “Herbie Rides Again,””The Shaggy Dog” and “Escape to Witch Mountain” will also be released.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania