FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (DJ) — Blockbuster Entertainment Corp. has completed a merger with its largest franchise holder, WJB Video Ltd.Partnership, and certain of its affiliates for about 7.2 million common shares. Blockbuster adds 209 franchise video stores as company-owned stores in the transaction. George D. Johnson Jr., partner of WJB, became prexy of Blockbuster’s consumer division and a member of the company’s board. Blockbuster also has acquired its second largest franchise holder, UI Video Holdings Inc., for about 2.1 million common shares and about $ 35.6 million in cash. As a result of the transaction, 112 Blockbuster franchise video stores become company-owned stores.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut