Capitalizing on the popularity of video product aimed at the lucrative children’s market, Paramount Home Video has entered into an agreement to exclusively market and distribute all of the “Peanuts” animated television programs on videocassettes and laserdisc in the U.S. and Canada.The six-year agreement, which is effective immediately, will cover all existing titles and any new animated TV programs developed during its duration. Paramount, which distributes the feature-length animated films “Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown” and “Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown,” holds the video rights to 64 “Peanuts” titles, 15 of which will be new to homevideo when they are released. “Peanuts” specials have garnered six Emmy Awards.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California