Spike Lee’s “Malcolm X” is set to unspool on VCRs July 21 via Warner Bros.Home Video. The hotly debated epic chronicling the life of the assassinated civil-rights figure was nominated for two Academy Awards, and the studio estimates it will have grossed more than $ 50 million in domestic B.O. by the video release date. The film took in nearly $ 10 million during its 1,250-screen opening weekend, earning a per-screen average of $ 8,782. Late Monday, Warner Home Video reps were unable to say how many copies would be shipped, or if “X” would be a sell-through.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut