Deutsche Grammophon has released the John Corigliano/William M. Hoffman opera “The Ghosts of Versailles” on laserdisc and VHS in advance of its audio release.“Ghosts” is probably the first new full-length opera to make its recorded debut on laserdiscs. The fantasy, featuring characters of Mozart’s “The Marriage of Figaro,” was unveiled by the Metropolitan Opera Dec. 19, 1991. DG publicity chief Albert Imperato said the company was “convinced that the visual element was absolutely essential for the audience” and added that no decision has been made yet on whether to release an audio edition of the performance on CD.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut