During the month of May, nearly 60,000 videocassettes, allegedly copied illegally, were seized by federal, state and local authorities who were assisted by reps of the Motion Picture Assn. of America and the Anti-Piracy Office.Some 50,000 of those cassettes were discovered in an unauthorized duplication facility in Fairfax, Va., on May 5 by the Asian Organized Crime Task Force, headed by the FBI. It was the largest allegedly pirate duplication facility uncovered in the U.S. Other raids were in New York, New Jersey, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Illinois, Florida and California.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut