Ufa-Theatre, with 514 houses Europe’s largest exhibition chain, announced it has earmarked 150 million marks ($ 88 million) by 1995 for renovations, expansion and new builds.Ufa isn’t in the multiplex game, but chief Volker Riech stressed a broader entertainment concept for the future. “With cinema centers in urban areas we want to offer visitors a broad spectrum of leisure time activities. We don’t offer only films, but also cafes or bistros and cultural events.” The company has invested a further $ 88 million since 1989 in the concept. Latest house is Freiburg’s Harmonie, which features five screens, a small theater, a jazz cellar and a restaurant. Ufa plans new cinemas in Hamburg, Erfurt, Berlin, Dresden and Bamberg. Additionally, houses in major urban areas will be equipped for digital sound.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut