Songwriters Vincent Berry and Jeff Caruthers have sued the singing group Jade for recording a song with a melody that allegedly infringes the copyright on one of their compositions.Berry and Caruthers, in a complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, claim the Jade song “Don’t Walk Away,” composed by Vassal Benford and Ron Spearman, infringes on their 1991 composition, “Empty Promises.” Also named as defendants are Benford, Spearman, Palm Tree Productions, Gradington Publishing, MCA Music Publishing, Ronny Onyx Publishing, Giant Records, Warner Bros. Records Inc., ASCAP and BMI.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut