“Scud Stud” Arthur Kent expressed satisfaction early last week after hearing a trial date of April 12 has been set for his lawsuit against NBC, his lawyer said Thursday.Judge Mariana R. Pfaelzer set the date after a status conference with lawyers from both sides, said Kent attorney Brian C. Lysaght. Kent, an NBC foreign correspondent who earned fame during the Gulf War, is suing the web for $ 25 million for firing him last August. NBC claimed at the time that Kent refused to accept an assignment to Yugoslavia amid fierce fighting there. Kent contends he was jettisoned because he questioned the integrity of the NBC primetime news show “Dateline NBC.” Lysaght in a statement said Kent was “delighted that an early trial date had been set” and was eager to get the case into court. After NBC dismissed him, Kent reported from Yugoslavia for the BBC, Canadian Broadcasting Corp. and ABC News. He also produced a 16-minute documentary about the Bosnian conflict. NBC lawyers could not be reached for comment.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!