A screenwriter has filed suit to stop production of a Barry Levinson film starring Joe Pesci because he claims it’s based on his script.Edward L. Deleo, in a complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, said a film scheduled to begin shooting in August is based on his script called “The Playmaker” or “No Kinks, No Kooks.” Deleo claims the screenplay and treatments were submitted to, among others, the William Morris Agency, Tribeca Prods., CAA and a reader working for Levinson. Defendants also include Levinson and Paramount Pictures Corp. The suit seeks an injunction against production of the film and at least $ 1 million in damages.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut