Gov. Pete Wilson has appointed Barbara Pieper as the new director of the California Arts Council.Her appointment comes two days after the announcement that Joanne Kozberg, who has led the CAC for several years, would be leaving to take a post in Wilson’s cabinet (Daily Variety, Nov. 19). Pieper is currently a member of the Los Angeles County Board of Education, which governs the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts. She has been a member of the Los Angeles County Music Center Education Council. From 1982-83 and again from 1985-86, she was mayor of La Canada Flintridge and also served on that city’s council. In her new post, Pieper will earn an annual salary of $ 79,956, reflecting a 5% reduction from the established salary level due to cuts within the agency.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut