Preston Padden has been promoted to exec VP, affiliate relations, at Fox Broadcasting Co. while remaining senior VP, governmental relations, at News Corp., Fox’s parent company.The former senior VP of affiliates has been the point person for Fox on the financial interest and syndication rules and various matters relating to cable, including Fox Net and delicate negotiations with Fox’s 140 affiliates over creating a basic cable service tied into the weblet’s retransmission consent efforts. Padden, former president of the Assn. of Independent Television Stations, joined Fox in January 1990 and still has offices in Washington and Los Angeles. He serves as the principal liaison to Fox affils and continues reporting to Fox chairman Lucie Salhany.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut