New Line Cinema Corp. is seeking a court order barring rival Cinema Line Films Corp. from using trademarks that it claims are confusingly similar.In a petition filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, New Line alleges Cinema Line has attempted to profit from New Line’s reputation by registering as trade and/or service marks the names CL Cinema Line Films, CL Cinema Line & Design, and Cinema Line Films. The petition seeks an injunction against uses of any trademarks confusingly similar to those used by New Line, destruction of any literature or ads containing such marks, an accounting for profits from their use, and unspecified punitive damages.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut