The Big Three networks this week asked a D.C. court to transfer the fin-syn case to Chicago’s U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.The webs’ request was filed in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit , which last month was selected as the jurisdiction for appeals to new Federal Communications Commission rules setting in motion plans to completely eliminate the fin-syn rules. It’s no surprise that the networks are seeking to have the fin-syn case shifted back to Chicago, since the Chi court last year tossed out as “unreasoned and unreasonable” 1991 fin-syn rules that retained Hollywood’s grip on the TV program production and syndication marketplace.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut