Musicians Ricardo, Louis and Carlos Wilson have sued five rappers and their record companies for sampling four of their songs.According to a complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, the Wilsons’ songs were sampled without permission by Public Enemy, Jungle Brothers, Ice Cube, Ice T and EPMD. The songs allegedly infringed include “Fence Walk, “”Two Sisters of Mystery” and “Mango Meat.” The suit seeks unspecified damages.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut