MCA Inc., a unit of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., and Hu-Yu Inc. said they have settled the lawsuit Hu-Yu filed last September against MCA and some of its related companies regarding the name of MCA’s new mixed-use real estate development, Universal CityWalk.Settlement terms were undisclosed. As reported Oct. 22, a U.S. district judge ordered MCA Inc. to stop referring to its $ 100 million retail and entertainment complex as simply CityWalk because a nearby Chinese restaurant bears the name City Wok. In a press release, the company said the settlement permits MCA to refer to its project as either Universal CityWalk or CityWalk, but MCA has agreed not to name a restaurant CityWalk.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut