MCA Music Entertainment Group and Polygram Records Wednesday announced an out-of-court settlement of their legal dispute over Motown Records, the final conclusion to the two-year battle.A one-line release said the suit was “completely settled to all parties’ satisfaction.” The two record giants became entangled when Polygram took over Motown Record’s distribution in September 1991. This followed an acrimonious split between MCA and Motown that saw the parties trade multimillion-dollar lawsuits. The Motown/MCA suit was also quietly settled late last month, with Massachusetts investment firm Boston Ventures purchasing MCA’s remaining 18% stake in the company (Daily Variety, March 24).
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut