The Federal Trade Commission has filed a complaint against infomercial producer David P. Del Dotto for allegedly misrepresenting numerous features of his company’s real estate venture called the “Cash Flow System.”Named in the complaint were Del Dotto, his wife, Yolanda and their Modesto, Calif.-based company. Among charges were that the program-length commercials were independent TV programs, not paid advertising, and that the shows misled customers concerning the value of the product, a set of books and audio cassette tapes. The complaint would bar the firm from making the allegedly false representations for the system and to substantiate future claims about the success rate or performance of the system.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut