Jean Fox has been elected to the office of 11th vice president of the Intl. Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, finishing out the term vacated by Thomas C. Short.This marks the highest-ranking position held by a woman within the IA’s political infrastructure. Short left the office a couple of months ago to take on the job of IA general secretary-treasurer. Fox, a southern California resident, was elected to the post in a special meeting of the IA’s executive board in New York. She has been a member of the IA since 1968, when she joined as a chief steward and union organizer. In 1978, the IA appointed her as a representative of the California branch of a special department. She recently was put in charge of the northwest branch.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut