Taking the concept of a school fund-raiser to a higher level, Whittle Communications is after Paramount Communications, the Walt Disney Co. and other corporations to back its ambitious proposal for a chain of private schools.Estimates on the amount Whittle seeks range from $ 750 million to $ 3 billion. The companies wouldn’t comment, but several executives who’ve heard the Edison Project pitch said they remain skeptical, according to the Wall Street Journal. Time Warner holds a 37.5% stake in Whittle, a media company based in Knoxville, Tenn. Philips Electronics NV owns 25%.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut