Bertelsmann AG, a closely held German media company, released final earnings data for the fiscal year ended June 30 that show a small downward revision from preliminary figures. Group net income rose 5.3% to 568.8 million marks ($ 350.4 million), it said.It previously had reported a 5.6% increase to 570 million marks. Group sales rose 3% to 15.96 billion marks. Handleman Co. reported a 19% increase in net income to $ 14.3 million (43 cents) for the fiscal third quarter, ended Jan. 31, compared to the same period in 1992. Revenues for the period were up 9.5% to $ 335.7 million. The Troy, Mich., rack-jobber noted that prerecorded music sales were up 14% to $ 195.8 million for the quarter. The increase was attributed to increasing demand for compact disc sales. Prerecorded video sales were down 2% for the period.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania