Geena Davis settled a lawsuit against a freelance writer that claimed he used invented quotes in a profile of the Oscar-winning actress, her publicist said.Terms of the settlement reached this week with Frank Sanello weren’t disclosed, Susan Geller said Friday. Sanello, who writes for the New York Times syndicate and other publications, confirmed the settlement. The $ 5 million lawsuit filed in Superior Court March 8 stemmed from an article printed last December in Woman’s World magazine. The story focused on the actress’ love life and was titled “Geena Davis — I Want to Have a Baby.” The article discussed her relationship with Hollywood security consultant Gavin de Becker. The lawsuit claimed invasion of privacy and unfair competition.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut