The Roman Catholic Archbishop of Los Angeles has sued the producers of an HBO film called “Virgin High” for using footage of a Catholic church in Beverly Hills without permission.According to a complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, the film contained shots of the grounds and interior, which is devoted to religious services and ceremonies, of the Good Shepherd Catholic Church of Beverly Hills. The grounds were used as the setting for displays of nudity and sexually explicit activity, the suit said. The scenes were “morally objectionable” and contrary to the church’s teachings, the suit said, and could deter future financial contributions. The suit seeks at least $ 500,000 plus an injunction against distribution of the film. Defendants include HBO, USA Network, 21st Century Film Corp. and Richard Gabai.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut