June Allyson and her husband filed suit against comic-agent Marty Ingels for slander and emotional distress in a fight over money.The Superior Court suit alleges that Ingels harassed and threatened Allyson and her husband, David Ashrow. The suit claims Ingels vowed to harass the couple until they pay him the money he believes he is owed. The couple deny owing Ingels money. Ingels didn’t immediately return phone calls Sunday seeking comment. In February, Ingels pleaded no contest in Ventura County Municipal Court to making annoying telephone calls. The suit said he made 138 calls to Miss Allyson in a single eight-hour period. The comic was ordered to stay away from Allyson and her husband, but the lawsuit claims Ingels violated the order. Ingels has a firm that matches celebrities with products for commercial endorsements. Ingels reportedly helped make Allyson the spokeswoman for Depend adult diapers, and the money from those ads is allegedly the source of contention.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut