Two financial companies have sued Cannon Pictures Inc. in U.S. District Court for more than $ 14 million related to an alleged breach of a film financing contract.Among other claims, Peter V. Miller Corp. and Pictor Insurance Co. Ltd. say Cannon failed to remove liens held by Warner Bros. Home Video, Showtime and others on a group of films to be used for collateral for a $ 43 million loan. It also is alleged that Cannon failed to divulge that it was seeking additional financing from other sources involving rights that should have been retained for the plaintiffs.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut