Lobbying group Viewers for Quality Television continues to back struggling series, giving its highest rating on a new show to CBS’ “Middle Ages” and its top overall ratings to “I’ll Fly Away” and “Brooklyn Bridge.”Other new series rating high on VQT’s September survey include “Mad About You ,””Love and War” and “Picket Fences.” The group also generally voted thumbs up on “Hearts Afire,””Delta,””Going to Extremes,””Bob,””Crossroads” and the already canceled “Angel Street.” VQT cross-references its most-watched shows and its highest-quality shows, with CBS’ four Monday comedies topping the most-watched roster but the Eye network ranking third according to its quality index. The group stresses that it is not a pressure group but simply seeks to promote good television.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut