As has been the case with major news events in the past, CNN received a decent ratings boost Tuesday night with its coverage of the landing of U.S. troops in Somalia.CNN earned a 3.2/5 rating in prime time within its cable universe, representing some 1,963,000 homes, according to Nielsen statistics for the night. That’s up significantly from the network’s typical prime time rating of a 1.7/2.6,or 1,022,000 homes. CNN has 29 correspondents and crew members in the region. The cable news outlet has devoted two daily half-hours to covering Somalia, as well as hourly live updates. Moreover, the network has been carrying all of the Pentagon briefings.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut