Lifetime Television and ACI, a consortium of eight U.S. producers, have concluded a deal that will see the basic cable service exclusively license the off-net cable rights to 12 telepix. The sale of the titles, which went directly from the broadcast networks to Lifetime, represents ACI’s first sale to basic cable.The distrib has had an annual output of 18-22 telefilms, with titles in the most recent sale consisting of “A Deadly Silence” and “Something to Live For: The Alison Gertz Story.” Actor Erik Estrada is reprising his 1970s “CHiPs” TV role in a TV commercial launched yesterday for the Taco Bell fast food chain. In the actor’s first commercial appearance, Estrada, as “Ponch,” will police a noisy taco eater with the question, “Ma’am, do you have a license for that taco?”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California