Columbia Pictures TV Distribution is off to a strong sales start with its first-run strip “Ricki,” clearing the show on independents in the top three markets as well as on NBC affiliate KRON-TV in San Francisco.“Ricki,” the youth-oriented talk show hosted by actress Ricki Lake, has been sold to indies WWOR in New York, KCOP in Los Angeles and WPWR in Chicago. Both WWOR and KCOP are expected to air the show at 5 p.m., while WPWR could go at that time or an hour earlier. KRON is also likely to play the show in early fringe, possibly at 3 p.m., which would mean bumping Tribune-distributed “Geraldo.” Produced by the Garth Ancier Co. in association with Columbia, “Ricki” is being sold on a cash-plus-barter basis for a fall ’93 premiere.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut