Los Angeles police seized 40,000 unauthorized cable TV devices worth an estimated $ 4.5 million, the second such seizure in four months.The equipment, if installed, would deprive cable companies of about $ 100 million in revenues, police said. The equipment, including decoders that unscramble cable signals, was seized at a warehouse in Sun Valley. Police also served search warrants in Canoga Park, Woodland Hills, Van Nuys, Agoura Hills, Rancho Cucamonga and North Hollywood. The seizure was part of an ongoing investigation based on information from Continental Cablevision that included the recovery in June of 10,000 devices worth about $ 1 million. Six people were charged last week with conspiracy to distribute and sell unauthorized cable devices and decoders in connection with the June seizure.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut