The Minnesota-based Independent Television Service is seeking proposals from independent filmmakers on a nine-part PBS magazine series dealing with HIV and AIDS, with a $ 1.4 million grant earmarked for the project.Janet Cole, coordinating producer on PBS’ “Absolutely Positive,” will serve as coordinating producer of the series, which wants to take a magazine approach in contrast to the news and public affairs programming that’s traditionally dealt with AIDS-related issues. Proposals must be submitted to the ITVS in St. Paul by Jan. 15. ITVS was created by Congress to generate public TV programs serving under represented audiences.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut