Al Devaney, G.M. at WPWR-TV, Chicago, has been elected chairman of the board of the Assn. of Independent Television Stations.Devaney, who will serve a two-year term as the INTV board topper, succeeds WHPL-TV, Philadelphia, G.M. Randall Smith. Also elected to two-year INTV terms were KTVU-TV, San Francisco, G.M. Kevin O’Brien as vice chairman; Chase Communications prez Edward Karlik as treasurer; and Tribune Television topper Dennis FitzSimons as secretary. The elections were held at INTV’s recently concluded fall board meeting in Orlando. The indie trade org also elected James Major, G.M. at WFTS-TV, Tampa, to a seat on the board of directors, and decided to retain the D.C. law firm of Sidley and Austin to defend the constitutionality of the must-carry/retransmission consent provision of the new cable law.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut