Cable News Network is expected to announce today that it’s joining forces with German all-news channel NTV to produce the company’s first 24-hour-a-day, German-language all-news channel, CNN Deutschland.While CNN Intl. has been beaming around-the-clock news throughout Europe for several years, this will mark the first time CNN has put its name on a regionalized version of its news service. Time Warner is believed to have a small stake in the venture. CNN has apparently been looking for a suitable German partner for some time, convinced that the market represents a key growth opportunity. It is believed this deal does not preclude CNN from striking similar alliances with other communications companies. The question remains if CNN has ambitions to start local versions of its news channel in other European markets.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut