It may look and sound like CNN, but the news show hitting the airwaves Friday in the Windy City and its suburbs is ChicagoLand Television News, the first foray into 24-hour coverage of local news on Illinois TV.The cable station, a Tribune Co. subsid, will be seen in 650,000 households in the six Illinois and two Indiana counties surrounding Chi. ChicagoLand follows all-news cable stations in Long Island, Orange County, Boston and the D.C. area. Time Warner Inc. recently began 24-hour coverage of the five New York City boroughs.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut