William F. Chafin, 35, a record producer and founder of the gay mag QW, died Oct. 16 at his home in N.Y. of AIDS-related lymphoma.A native of Maryland, Chafin produced rap records for his Acme Music before starting his mag last year under its original title of NYQ for his Chafin Communications. Surviving are his mother, three sisters and a brother.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut