Ron Bair, a former mayor and longtime local television personality, died Nov. 6 of cancer in San Diego.He was 62. Bair was born in Chicago, moved to Burbank at age 14 and began his broadcasting career at a radio station there. He worked in television and radio in California, Kansas and Texas before moving to Spokane’s KXLY television in 1964. He was anchorman and news director until 1977, the year he was elected mayor. In 1981, Bair announced he would not seek a second term and he left Spokane in 1983. Bair is survived by his wife, Lois, three daughters, two sons, a brother, and two grandhildren.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut