ATHENS, Ga. — Edwin Gerschefski, a pianist and composer who found inspiration for his works in news articles, died Dec. 17 at 83.For three of his compositions, he set Time magazine articles to music. He also found inspiration in business letters and editorials. Gerschefski was head of the U. of Georgia department of music from 1959 to 1972. He retired from the faculty in 1976.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut