Richard Carlson, the former chief of Voice of America who now runs the Corp. for Public Broadcasting, has tapped his former VOA deputy to serve a top administrative post.Robert Coonrod, deputy VOA director for the past five years, signs on as CPB’s executive vice president. The job is a new position at the organization, which administers funding for public radio and television. Coonrod, 48, will share in day-to-day management of CPB and assist in making decisions, Carlson said. At VOA, Coonrod had general responsibilities for management of the org’s 3, 000 employees as well as administration of USIA’s TV and film bureau. He is a former senior foreign service officer.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut