TriStar Pictures has named Jeff Baskin staff publicist, moving him over from a shared post with both of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Columbia Pictures and TriStar studios.A former reporter and copy editor with Daily Variety, Baskin joined Colpix in 1988 after a stint as publicist with Lorimar Film Entertainment. In his new post, Baskin will be responsible for writing and editing press materials for TriStar Pictures’ publicity department. He will also be the department’s liaison with trade papers. Baskin’s appointment furthers the restructuring of TriStar’s publicity, promotion and field operations department under unit senior VP Ed Russell. Shuffling was expected after publicity VP Roger Armstrong left the studio to pursue a degree at Loyola Law School (Daily Variety, July 14).
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut