Def American Records has formed two imprints designed to break new artists via 12-inch singles.Whte Lbls will concentrate on techno-rave music. First artists signed to the imprint include London-based Messiah and the roster of Belgium’s Antler/Subway labels, which include D.O., Lords of Acid, Praga Khan, Jade and Channel X. First release is a CD-5 and maxi-cassette of five different mixes of “Temple of Dreams” by Messiah. Whte Lbls will be distributed by WEA. The first signings to Ill are rap acts Art of Origin and Pretty Tone Capone. Twelve-inch single releases from both will be distributed via Tommy Boy Records, a Warner Bros. label based in New York. Tommy Boy albums are distributed independently. Marketing, promotion and publicity for Ill artists will be handled by Def American.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut