California rapper DJ Quick faces a criminal charge of throwing a 40-ounce beer bottle into a concert audience here last year, slashing the cheek of a Northglenn man.The rapper, whose real name is David M. Blake, was to have gone on trial yesterday before County Judge Ray Satter. The altercation at the Oct. 13, 1991 concert allegedly started when Blake, 22 , began “flashing (gang) signs” to the audience, according to a police report. Some in the crowd responded by pelting Blake with plastic cups. Blake allegedly then sprayed the crowd with beer before hurling the bottle into the audience. Meanwhile, a rapper involved in a hotel lobby brawl faces up to 18 months in jail. Andre Young, 27, known as Dr. Dre of the Compton, Calif.-based rap group NWA, was convicted Friday in New Orleans of two misdemeanor counts of simple battery by Criminal Court Judge Leon Cannizzaro. Young then pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of battery on a police officer. He faces a maximum sentence of 18 months in jail when sentenced in January.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut