The Federal Communications Commission next week is expected to seek comment from parties to the fin-syn case on how the agency should rewrite rules a Chicago court tossed out as “unreasoned and unreasonable.”The commission has been given until April 7 to meet the U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals’ order to come up with new fin-syn rules. The FCC voted 3-2 last April to relax longstanding regs that barred networks from investing in or reaping syndication profits from Hollywood-produced TV shows. However, the Chi court Nov. 5 ruled 3-0 that the revised rules were unacceptable.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut