As expected, shareholders of Charter Co. voted yesterday to approve a name change for the corporation to Spelling Entertainment Group Inc.At a shareholder meeting in Cincinnati, the company embraced what in effect had already been known in Hollywood. Charter purchased the assets of Spelling in 1991 from veteran producer Aaron Spelling, who is now chairman of the company’s Spelling TV division. The company’s common stock will continue to trade on the New York Stock Exchange, but under the new symbol SP.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut