The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences announced that Grammy-winning composer Patrick Williams is scheduled to host a seminar series on motion picture music. The seminar will be held at 7 p.m. in the Academy Little Theater on four consecutive Mondays, Oct. 12-Nov. 2.Skedded to participate with Williams in the seminar are Henry Mancini, John Williams, Academy Gov. Bruce Broughton, Shirley Walker, Becky Mancuso, Dan Carlin, Bones Howe, Greg Lamell, Mark Rydell, Arthur Hiller, Bob Zemeckis, Martha Coolidge, Marilyn and Alan Bergman, Arthur Hamilton, Diane Warren and Dean Pitchford. Subjects to be covered in the four-week series include techniques of scoring, film composition, aesthetics and business. Registration is $ 80 for Academy members, $ 100 for non-members. For information, call (310) 247-3000.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania