“The Fencing Master” directed by Pedro Olea will be the Spanish entry for Oscar for best foreign picture.A period piece starring Assumpta Serna and Omero Antonutti, it premiered in Spain as the opening film of the San Sebastian Film Festival in September. Distributed by UIP in Spain, it is distributed worldwide by Majestic, except in Latin American, where Spanish company ESICMA is handling distribution and sales. This year Spain also has an entry in the documentary section; “Casablanca Revisited,” directed by Jose Luis Garci. Garci became the only Spanish director to win an Oscar with “Volver a Empezar,” 1983’s best foreign film.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut