Nikita Mikhalkov’s “Close to Eden” has been picked as the Russian Republic’s foreign-language entry for this year’s Academy Awards competition.The film won the Golden Lion Award at the 1991 Venice Film Festival. The love story centers around a young, married Mongolian couple whose existence is interrupted by modern civilization, Chinese laws and a stranded Russian driver. It is being distributed by Miramax Films in the United States.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut