John Lennon’s 1970 Oscar for the song “Let It Be” was sold at auction Monday for $ 110,000.Lennon donated the statuette to the Southbury Training School in Southbury, Conn., for a 1976 celebrity auction for retarded people, and it brought $ 600 then. Auctioneer Herman Darvick said Monday’s buyer was a Beatles fan who did not wish to be identified. The man who bought the Oscar in 1976 also wished to remain anonymous, but told Darvick he would donate a portion of his profits to the school. Lennon was shot to death by a crazed fan, Mark David Chapman, on Dec. 8, 1980 .
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut